Higher than my ways

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:9
 
This is one of those verses in the Bible which I have a love/hate relationship with and before you start judging me, hear me out first. It talks about God’s sovereignty, power, and might. His insight and wisdom are unmatched by anyone.
 
Ok, like me start on the why I struggle with this verse. It exposes my helplessness. You see, I had in some way, always thought I can do things on my own. If I am honest about it, I pride myself that I can. But more and more, I realize that control is an illusion. There are so many things that are out of my control. Reminds me how small I am, my struggles, and my inability. These things I have to accept.
 
I guess that sounds like submission. And maybe it is but I have to accept it. Because when I have learned to accept, I learn the next truth that leads to comfort and reasons why I love this verse.
 
You see, in my weakness, inability, and struggles – God is sovereign. He is above my struggles and weakness. When I can’t see a way out, He knows the right way to do. He works in ways I do not see nor understand. Thank goodness, His thoughts and ways are so far ahead of mine. That gives me comfort and strength knowing that even if I don’t understand the how and why God does things, nor the timing, I know the one thing I need to know – He loves me. That’s enough. Because of the love, He works all things for my good even when I am in my struggles and weakness, He is still above it all. He can see me and guide me through my struggles and weakness. That is my comfort. The key is for me to learn to be patient with His timing. As they say, timing is everything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...