Forget not His Goodness!


Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
(Psalms 103:2)


The goodness and timing of God still amazes me after all these years.

The trip came during one of those times in life where nothing seems to line up; stress and discontentment personally and work, things have been so busy and things were a bit chaotic. Therefore, I was not ready for this trip. I have barely planned, have not really thought about accommodation until the last minute and didn’t have time to look forward to the trip itself but God is good.

I had the opportunity to attended two wedding receptions – it is amazing to see and hear how both couples’ stories and the love they have for each other. Having known both couples over the years; seen the struggles, highs and lows in their lives, God has been faithful as they continue to abide in Him.

It was also wonderful to see a friend get water baptized and hear of her journey with Jesus. How excited she was as she steps through another chapter on her walk with Jesus.
God had another surprise waiting – I met an old university friend and heard how he accepted Jesus and his journey has been something I did not expect. It was mind-blowing to hear about what Jesus was doing in his life; the excitement and passion it generated.

All this reminded me of how good God is. All this time, weariness has overtaken me and it is easy to forget His goodness. Taken His blessings for grant; thinking if I am good and follow I will be ok. This trip has reminded me that it is not about the following; rather it is about the relationship. This trip has reminded me how goodness He is and how often I have been so caught up with my things that I haven’t looked up to see what He has been doing.

It has been good to sit back, relax, remember, reflect and give thanks for all the LORD have done. I came on this trip without knowing what to expect, with hesitation and anxiety but it has been one that my God have guided with encounters, experiences, favours and people I have met. Forgot not His goodness and benefits, it will refresh our spirits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...