Finding the miraculous in the daily


 'and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.'

I Kings 19:12

In my Bible reading, these verses are interesting and I have never really thought about this but. The thing is, after an incredible victory Elijah's life is threatened. So he does what most of us would do, running for his life. He gets to a place in the desert; quiet, there is no one around, no distractions, and isolated; in the midst of the unexpected place, God spoke to him. Often I am too distracted to wait for His voice but put that aside. There were the earthquake, fire, and huge winds - some fearsome and powerful elements, the huge and seemingly miraculous things. But God wasn't in them, it was the quiet still voice that followed which God appeared in.
These verses got me thinking. I loved to travel and one thing I noticed, I find it fascinating some of the culture, architecture wonders, and arts but yet I watch the locals go about their daily lives, without paying attention to the incredible things around them. I guess to them, it is just a part of normal life, living amongst these beautiful architectural buildings and art. It blows the mind, how can they not notice these things.
It is the same thing in my life - it is often I do not appreciate the things in my life. I am constantly looking for the next big and incredible thing, hoping God will show up. But what I have come to realised, God is always in the "normal things" of life. That is more powerful than those big things of life. The challenge has always been to be still enough in life, to learn to appreciate God's ever-presence in my life. To learn to take His gent guide and the strength that ignites a passion, hope, and dream. The daily life which I walk in is more powerful than the moments of big incredible things in life. The voice of God that breathes life into me on a daily basis, catching the ups and downs - it is the 'quiet, still voice' that drives the powerful rhythm of life. Imagine each day; living with the power-driven by God's voice. Turning the normal into the super-normal, the ordinary into the extraordinary. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...