Matt 6:34 | Being In the present

 'Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'

Matthew 6:34

Okay. Let's get the fact out there. I am a dreamer. There are things spinning in my head - plans, dreams, where is the next place I want to travel to, etc. Day-dreaming away. I am forever thinking and dreaming about things to come, the what-if, the plans for the future. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with setting plans. Actually, I think it is important for us to plan for the future. In Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.
We need dreams in our lives. It gives inspiration, hope, and drive to achieve things in our lives. Dream stirs in us the vision and hopes to strive for the greater plans which God has for us.

As much I am a dreamer, something I am learning from Matthew 6:34 - Being in present. As great and wonderful are dreams, by spending too much time daydream - we can miss so many opportunities and people in front of us.

In the present, I find moments of joy, delight, and surprise. The conversation with people and the little things that puts a surprise and smiles on my face. Friends have asked me why I stay away from social media or I do not interact that much. Well for me, the world doesn't need to know what I have for breakfast or who I am hanging with - It is the people I am with that needs to know. It is the moments of family, friends and people we meet, the celebrations of life that make a life special. I love to travel, not just to see the amazing attractions around the world but the people and culture. I have been fortunate enough to go to poverty-stricken countries and been incredibly blessed by the generosity of the people. Totally blows my mind. These are the moments and experiences that make up my life rich.

It is in the present, where the foundation for plans and dreams are realised. Dreams will remain dreams until I step out in the present to do something about them and that happens, here and now. Looking back to see the hopes come to life with the guiding hand of My God. It is in the present, that I learn to grow under the loving instruction from my God into a man who learns who he is called to me. Here and now, God directs the steps that my dreams and hopes of a future are realised.

So dream your dreams. Hope in the impossible and live in the present. For as the verse, says.. (paraphrasing) Tomorrow will have it is own things, deal with that tomorrow. Today is today, be in it with the people around and content that God have you cover for the future.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...