Relentless Pursue of God

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 11:23)



God is an amazing with his relentless pursue of us, how His love for us never tires. This thought had me reflecting on my response to His pursue of me. Don't get me wrong, I am always amaze and thankful for His constant and consistent love for me but if I don't response, it is a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Recently on my tip to Krabi, Thailand, want of the things I wanted to do was to hike Tab Kak Hang Nak trail / Khao Ngon Nak in Tubkaek National Park. It didn't seem too bad, about 4km and 565 metres about sea level. But I was wrong, the humidity, heat, terrain and topping it off, I was unwell - made this hike much harder.

There were so many times on the trail, I thought to myself; "Why am I doing this?", "This is too hard...", "I can't go on.." Feeling almost spent but somehow I found the energy and will to push on to the top of the mountain. All the pain and sweat was rewarded by a stunning view of the Krabi providence.

I have never been to Khao Ngon Nak until now. I didn't know what to expect. The only thing I had to motivate me were the blogs, reviews and photos I saw on the Internet. The descriptions of a few strangers were enough to drive me pass the pain barrier, dehydration and sickness to reach the top.

Reflecting on my walk with Jesus. Life always have its challenges; up, downs, joys, disappointments, love, loss, blessings and unfulfilled promises - like the hike up Khao Ngon Nak, there are many reasons to give up but are there any reason to stay the course?

I endured the tropics weather and sickness on the hike based on the word of a few strangers. Yet my walk with Jesus is based on Word of God, a true compass for life, with promises and hope that has breath life into countless people. Isn't that more dependable then a word of a few strangers? Yes, I have not seen all of God's promises come to pass, I am not exempted from life's disappointments, hurts, joys, love and loss - but until today, I have also never seen the view from the top of Khao Ngon Nak - but that's faith, taking God's Word as it is!

There is encouragement to push onwards as Paul urges to run the race. Looking back through the years; it has not been easy. The relentless pursue of God is not some catch phrase or for God's sake. It is for mine. The pursue is not without its stumbles and struggles, but the pursue of God has help me pushed pass life's difficulties. It has anchored me in the midst of life's storms even when everything seems to have drifted away. 

Allow the relentless pursue of God be the anchor of life, for it will keep us firm to the hope that Jesus do not abandon His people, but strengthens us even when sickness, hurt and disappointment hits. The promise that the view at the end of this walk with Him will be even more amazing and glorious than the view from the top of Khao Ngon Nak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...