Fragility of humanity

As we draw closer to the Satay Outreach night, I decided to fast and head out for a prayer walk during lunch time. As I was walking, thinking about the situations of the last couple of weeks and wondering why we have to go through so struggles each time we set out to do something for the LORD. Two songs popped out on my music player: Tear down the Wall by Hillsong United and "Tears of the Saints" by LeeLand, they brought me back to focus.

As much as my heart wants to pursuing and run with God, the weakness of my humanity stops me from moving forward. The battle to master over my thoughts and emotions, the pride that propels to think it is about me. The small traps became big ones, the small offences turn into major hinderances and the desire to run with God suddenly fades into the distance. I come to the realisation of how fragile my humanity is and how undeserving I am to be love and called by God into His family. His grace steps into and picks me up at a place where I have fallen and tells me it is ok. He still loves me regardless. He tells me not to focus on the little traps and offences and see how He has forgive and learn from Him, focusing on Him because that is how He will lead me through.

Yes, there is a fragileness to my humanity but that only leaves room for the strength of God's grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...