I'm so HOT! - I am UNIQUE (Psa 139:13-14)

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.

There are two phrases I wanted to concentrate on: “I am Wonderfully made” and “I am Fearfully made”. Why? The answer is easy; I am made in the image of the Living God.

1.1 I am Wonderfully Made…
The last time I checked the world’s population it was hitting about 7 billion or more accurately 6,706,993,152. Imagine 7 billion people who are totally unique and different. It’s amazing isn’t it? Friends tell me that I evolved from monkeys but I don’t want to go to the zoo to visit my uncle? In verse 13, I am told that God knitted and knew even before I was in my mother’s womb. I was made in some wonderful way that my life counts for something.

In [Psa 8:4], the psalmist asked, what is man that God is so mindful of him? In our big and wonderful world of ours, could there actually be something special about man? Look at the person next to you. There is something special about that person that makes them unique. When we were formed, God has put His fingerprint on us that sets up apart and calls us into a relationship with Him because we can never understand who we are until we know where we come from.

The idea of “wonderful” is something that causes or arouses wonder and amazement. The best definition I can; look at the parents holding a newly-born baby. Look at the faces of those parents. It is one of total disbelief and pride that something so tiny and beautiful can come from them. We cause almost the same reaction from God. That is how much you count and matter in God’s eyes.

We were made with such care and precession that there has never been another like you and me. There was such fore-thought in how we were going to be when we were formed and formed with such potential to shine. Look into the eyes of a child and tell me that the child was an accident of the world evolving.

1.2 I am Fearfully Made…
This part amazes me: God actually uses the word “fearfully” in relation to made. You would think may be a formation of a star is fearful. Or a creation of a galaxy is fearful? But man? We are not even a dot on a map of Australia. And yet, God describes the formation of man as fearful. Why? For me, the fact that I am made with the free-will to choose is an amazing thing. Imagine you are baby-sitting your little brother or sister, would you allow them to do anything they want to do? For me, that is scarily because anything is possible. They would probably tear the house away. But God gives free-will to do exactly that. That’s trust. He gives us the freedom to develop our emotions, intelligence and spirit the way we want but we won’t come to know the full extent of who we are until we come to know Him.

1.3 And my soul knows very well
Man has searched for our origins for a long time. I believe that we have refused to accept that we evolved from monkeys otherwise scientists would have stopped searching for answers. There is something deep down each of us that tells us that we are not evolved but we are made by someone higher than us. The question is who. I think the Christian faith is dares to state the creation of man is such a strong. Here David makes a declaration that deep inside, he knows that is has been made with a love and care. Deep in each of us, regardless of what is being push to us, know that we are made lovely and carefully.

1.4 Summary
We are unique because we have been wonderfully made in the image of God. We have been made with such love and care that it causes wonder and amazement even amongst the angels. So enjoy yourself and know that you are special... Especially to God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...