Every day has its own beauty and treasures

 

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)

 

As Melbourne heads into another extended lockdown for a number 6.0, it is easy to fall into the negative mindset while I am sitting at my desk working as I have done for the last 2 years. 

But I look outside my window, the pair of birds are whistling lovingly at each other, the glorious sunlight is flickering off the glistening leaves of the lemon tree. I decided to take the book which I have been reading and sit in the garden for lunch to catch up on reading.

As I sat there, bath in the beautiful Melbourne’s Winter sun. The light breezes blowing on my face, with the chills still drifting in the air. Reminding that it is still Winter but Spring is well on its way. I thought about life over the last couple of weeks - my struggles. My hopes and desires to travel to China; praying for an opportunity, not only to travel to China but to touch the community of people there somehow. I start to think about the struggles and frustrations it has been over the last years.

In the midst of unparalleled circumstances in world history which we are living through, it seems like boom and gloom is around us. But I am remembered there is still unprecedented beauty in this world. The warmth of Winter Sunbathing my skin and the mixture of that light chilling breeze, the rustling of the leaves, and the fragrance of the lemon tree nearby floating by. The hope lies in the fact that there is still a loving God who loves and cares for me.

His thoughts for me aren’t like the fleeting shadows that come and goes, it is an everlasting promise. I don’t know what will happen with my plans for China or future plans for that matter but I know it will not be in vain. Every day is a gift. Perfect in its way; the good, the bad, and the difficult. It has molded me, shaped me, and lead me to this day, sitting here in the midst of thousands and millions of streams of sunlight touching my skin, thinking about the country of my ascendants. Perfect. Brings joy to the heart and soul.

What can be more perfect and beautiful? Well, let’s when my mind wonders about the wonderful food I want to eat – hot pot, lamb skewers, roast duck, and the list continues… What is wrong with this?? I love eating and love my food!! 😊 My mouth is starting to salivate!

There is beauty around us. A loving God has made it perfect as a gift, I hope you find it and catch the beauty of the gift He has provided. God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

I'm so HOT! - I am UNIQUE (Psa 139:13-14)