The Taste Factor - REPLETE PROVIDORE

Type: Breakfast
Establishment: REPLETE PROVIDORE
Review By: Kenny
Location: 302 Barkers Road, Hawthorn, VIC 3122
Phone: 03 9818 4448
Website: http://www.repleteprovidore.com/
Background:
After hearing so much about this little place, stuck in the cosy area of Melbourne, we (Julia and I) finally had a chance to try this place out and it was safe to say that our trip was not wasted.


Atmosphere (4 /5):
There are two half to this store. The front part of the store is a shop selling some of the goodies produced by the shop. The front of the shop also has some tables and a bench along the windows.But we seat in the back room, which was a cosy little room with a fireplace and about 6 tables. The atmosphere was very relaxed, perfect for those cold Winter days. I think there is also a back garden as well though I haven’t seen it.

Taste Bits (4.5 /5):
I am giving 4.5 stars but I don’t believe in perfect food but I tell you what, this is seriously close. This place was not a state finalist in the Best Breakfast Restaurant category of the 2008 Savour Australia Awards for Excellence without a reason

Main:
My dear had the Replete Corn Fritters with smoked salmon, poached egg & tomato-chilli relish. The dish was magnificent. Close to the best Corn Fritter I have ever had (in saying I have only ever had this Corn Fritter but it was sure nice!)

Under the influence of my taste buds, I diverged away from my usual, breakfast with the works to try the special of the day, poached pear and almond crepes, which was beautiful though it was a little too sweet for me. The crepes were light and the flavour was rich, bit too rich but still balanced.

The other dish I wanted to try was one of their signature dish, Ricotta Hotcakes. Being a pancake fanatic, it is high on my list to taste.


Drinks:
Julia had the T2 Earl Grey tea and I had a latte and cappuccino. I am tell you, even Julia who don’t normally drink coffee was into my latte. So that tells you something. The temperature and the strength of the coffee were on the spot.

$$$ (3.5 /5):

The price of an average breakfast plus coffee would average about $13-$20 person.
It is probably not the cheapest place you can find but then again, you get what you paid for. For the services and quality, I say it is not too bad.

Service (4 /5):
No grumpings from me. The service was fast and very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. For example, when Julia finished the tomato-chilli relish and asked for another service, the reply was "Yes, of course" and out came another service of relish. Beautiful.


The Taste Factor Verdict (4.5 /5):
People say you need a good breakfast to have a good start to the day. This place will definitely go a long way to making sure your day starts off well.

Any Last Words:
Can’t wait to go back again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Where's my security?

Uniqueness of each journey

Problems, Problems and Problems...